It’s also your most versatile.
It can promote you, and propel your interior design business in so many ways, in so many formats, via so many media.
Create a Killer Bio — or have someone do it for you – and use it in:
- the “About Us” section of your website
- your Houzz profile
- all your social media. Formats will vary from the complete (LinkedIn summary) to the curtailed, as in Twitter (140 words) and Instagram(150)
- your Google profile
- the “personal profile/describe your channel” section on YouTube
- all communication with prospects
- your email signature, accessible via a link
- developing your brand, elevator speech and voicemail message
- presenting – or raising—your fees
- confirming initial appointments (“I’m looking forward to our meeting, and have attached some background information.)
- client communication about new services or products
- joint marketing campaigns in which allied professionals promote you to their database
- all pricing proposals, including bids for commercial projects
- soliciting speaking engagements
- catalogues promoting your seminars, courses, classes, workshops, etc.
- handouts at your presentations
- soliciting writing opportunities
- the “about the author” section of your articles, columns, and blogposts
- resource material for the media (reporters, writers, producers, bloggers, etc.)
- soliciting podcasting opportunities
- group directories (e.g., in the “Find a Designer” section of an ASID website)
- advising your personal reference list, so they can more effectively recommend you to others
- designer showcases and show houses
- soliciting corporate partnerships
- seeking financial assistance for your design firm
It’s never been more important to market yourself, and nothing does that as effectively as a Killer Bio. There’s no better way to promote the Star that you are.
Do your bio right, and do it now!